Here’s the eminently practical, pocket-sized reference for IT and Web professionals working with Microsoft IIS 6.0. Designed for quick referencing and compulsively readable, this portable guide covers all the basics needed for everyday tasks. Topics include Web administration fundamentals, Web server administration, essential services administration, and performance, optimization, and maintenance. It’s the fast-answers guide that helps users consistently save time and energy as they administer IIS 6.0.
Portable and precise, this pocket-sized guide delivers immediate answers for the day-to-day administration of Web servers running Microsoft® Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0. Zero in on core IIS support procedures and everyday tasks using quick-reference tables, step-by-step instructions, and lists. You get the focused, streamlined information you need to solve problems and get the job done—whether you’re at your desk or in the field!
Get fast facts to:
• Install Web and application server components
• Learn core techniques for managing IIS
• Configure Web sites, servers, and virtual directories
• Customize Web content, including error messages and redirection
• Manage Web applications, application pools, and Microsoft ASP.NET
• Configure SMTP, POP3, and advanced messaging options
• Implement security features—permissions, certificates, SSL
• Monitor and optimize IIS performance
• Manage IIS backups and metabase configurations